Short Guide To Understanding Singapore's Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP)

  • Jul 10, 2024
  • | 46

The Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) allows foreign individuals to stay in Singapore for an extended period. Depending on your circumstances, you may apply for an LTVP through either the Singapore immigration specialist and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) or the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).

LTVPs Issued by the ICA

The ICA issues LTVPs to individuals with specific relationships to Singaporean citizens or permanent residents or graduates from some Singapore schools or certain foreigners. Here are those eligible to apply for an ICA LTVP:

• Spouse of a Singaporean citizen or permanent resident

• Dependant child (below 21 years old) of a Singaporean citizen or permanent resident

• Parent of a Singaporean citizen or permanent resident

• Graduate seeking employment in Singapore. The list of eligible schools can be found here.

• Mother or grandmother of a young foreigner with a Student's Pass

• Foreigner seeking permission to give birth in Singapore

LTVPs Issued by the MOM

The MOM issues LTVPs to family members of foreign employees holding specific work passes. To qualify for a MOM LTVP for your family, you must:

• Hold a valid Singapore Employment Pass (EP) or S Pass with a minimum fixed monthly salary of S$6,000 as of June 2024. But these thresholds will likely go up over time with inflation.

• Be employed by a registered Singapore company

• Your family member can be:

o Common-law spouse

o Unmarried step-children (under 21 years old)

o Unmarried handicapped children (21 years old and above)

o Parents (if your monthly salary is S$12,000 or more)

• Additionally, EntrePass holders can also sponsor family members for an LTVP.

If you need help with your LTVP application please reach out to E&H Immigration Consultancy.

Original Source: